London Area Guide
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is run and managed by SASG Property Limited, a company established in London, UK
("Wonego"), which may be contacted at 24 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LS. By accessing the Wonego UK
web site, currently located at www.wonego.com or www.wonego.co.uk (the "Site"), and/or using any of
the services accessible through the Site (the "Services"), you become a user and agree to, and are
bound by, these terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time and we will post such changes on the Site. Your continued use of the Site and of our Services will constitute acceptance of any changes. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to make sure you are kept up-to-date.
- Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site or the Services. By using the Site or the Services, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years or older.
- Location. The Site and the Services are intended for use in London, United Kingdom. You may be able to access the Site and the Services from other locations, but please note that you may not be able to find properties or matches outside London. If you list a property outside London, please note that we have the right to take your listing down.
2. Use of Site and Services.
- Exclusive Use. Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorise others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You should keep your login details, particularly your password, secret and should not disclose these details to anyone else. Wonego is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your login details.
- Compliance with laws. You must only use the Services in a manner consistent with these terms and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including room viewings and entering into rental agreements. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals you have been matched with.
- No Guarantees. Wonego may not be able to provide matches for everyone using its services. Further, Wonego makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of matches, or to such matches' ability, desire or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that Wonego makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through our Services or as to the conduct of such individuals.
- Content Removal. Wonego reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of our Site. We have the right to remove any information that we think breaches these terms or any applicable law.
Posting and Communication Restrictions. You must not post on the Services (including
listing any property), transmit to other users, communicate any content or links, or otherwise
engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services, that:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of the Site or Services;
- is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- contains others' copyright or other intellectual property rights (e.g. music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without obtaining permission first;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's legal guardian);
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone's privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others' identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices;
- intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- disseminates another person's personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person's personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others' enjoyment of the Site;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity;
- uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Site or Services;
- uses the Site or Services for chain letter, junk mail or spam e-mails;
- collects or solicits personal information about anyone under 18; or
- is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities.
- No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
- Unique and Bona Fide Profile. You may only create only one unique profile. Your use of our Services must be for bona fide flatsharing introduction purposes (for example, you may not register solely to compile a report of compatible flatmates in your area, or to write a blog article or other research paper).
- No Harassment of our Employees or Agents. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any Wonego employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
3. Paid Services and Subscriptions.
Some elements of our Site and Services are made available free of charge. We may charge for certain Services, either on a one-off basis or a subscription basis. Any charges for Services, and the basis on which we will charge you, will be made clear when you sign up to those Services. Payments for any paid Services will be processed via a third party payment gateway and we will not have access to your card details.
4. Proprietary Rights.
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. Wonego is the owner of all information on the Site and the Services including without limitation, the compatibility matching system, compatibility profiles, and personal profile questionnaires (collectively, "Confidential Information"). Wonego owns and hereby retains all intellectual property rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
- No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining our written consent.
- Licence to Posted or Accessed Content. By posting information or content to the Site or the Services, or making it accessible to us by linking your Wonego account to any of your social network accounts (e.g. via Facebook Connect), you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Wonego and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant sub-licences. You will continue to own, as between you and Wonego, all rights in such information or content.
5. Links to Third-Party Web Sites
The Site and the Services may contain links to websites of third parties, either posted by us or by other users, which are not under the control of Wonego, and Wonego is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply that Wonego endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- No Warranties. This section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Wonego provides the Site and the Services on an "as is" and "as available" basis and grants no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to the Services or the Site (including all information contained therein), including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or suitability of the Site, the Services or any matches. Wonego does not warrant that your use of the Site or the Services will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, error-free or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the Services will be corrected. Wonego disclaims liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, the connectivity and availability of the Site or the Services.
- Third Party Content. The Site and the Services may contain information or content from third parties. Such information belongs to the respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Wonego does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided on the Site or the Services, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any third party. Under no circumstances will Wonego be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other content posted on the services, or transmitted to or by any users.
- Beta Features. From time to time, Wonego may offer new "beta" features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at Wonego's sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
7. Limitation of Liability.
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Wonego be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use the Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss or corruption of data or programs, service interruptions and procurement of substitute services, even if Wonego knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will Wonego’s aggregate liability, in any form of action whatsoever in connection with these terms or the use of the Services or the Site, exceed the price paid by you for your account, or, if you have not paid Wonego for the use of any services, the amount of £25.00 or its equivalent.
- No Liability for non-Wonego Actions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Wonego be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Site or the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of the Site or the Services. This includes any claims, losses or damages arising from the conduct of users who have registered under false pretenses or who attempt to defraud or harm you.
- No Exclusions. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude Wonego's liability for (i) death or personal injury arising from Wonego's negligence; or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations by Wonego.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Wonego, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any claims, causes of action, debts, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) relating to or arising, directly or indirectly, out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of these terms or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Wonego reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Wonego in asserting any available defenses.
If you take out a paid subscription to any of our Services, your subscription will automatically renew on the date that it expires, for a further period equal to the subscription period. We will make subscription and renewal periods clear to you before you purchase the subscription, upon confirmation of purchase, and in the body of any special promotions sent to subscribers. We will also let you know when your subscription renewal is coming up to give you the chance to cancel it before the renewal date. If you do not cancel before the renewal date, your subscription will renew and you will have to pay the subscription fees for that renewal period.
10. Term and Termination.
- Termination by Wonego. Wonego reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion.
- Termination by you of free Services. If you use Services that we provide free of charge, you may cancel your account at any time by emailing email@example.com. Termination by you of paid Services. If you take out a paid subscription, you may cancel your subscription at any time by taking the steps set out above, and your subscription will terminate at the end of your current subscription period. You will not be entitled to a refund for any unused days of your subscription term.
- Termination or suspension for breach. If we suspend your access to any of the Services because you have breached these terms or any laws, all fees then paid to Wonego by you will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due.
11. General Provisions.
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that English law will govern these terms, the Site and the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to these terms, the Site or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the English courts.
- Rights of Third Parties. These terms do not create any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which are enforceable by any person who is not a party to these terms.
- Miscellaneous. These terms and any applicable payment, renewal or additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and Wonego regarding the use of the Site and the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Wonego related to your use of the Site or Services. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the terms will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of Wonego to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is held invalid, the remainder of these terms will continue in full force and effect.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Wonego understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value your privacy and we will only collect and use information in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it before you use our site.
- Information About Us
- Our site, www.wonego.com and www.wonego.co.uk, is operated by SASG Property Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 09636851 with registered office address 24 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LS.
- This Policy applies only to your use of our site. It does not extend to any websites that are linked to from our site (whether we provide those links or whether they are shared by other users). We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What Data Do We Collect?
- We need to collect certain data from you in order to allow you to set up an account and use our site. It is mandatory for you to provide your full name and email address if you want to set up an account.
- If you are listing a property, we will also need to collect information about the property, such as the full address, availability status and information about the rent, bills and fees.
We may also collect information that you choose to provide to us when setting up an
account to enable us to find matches for you. It is not mandatory to provide this
information, but the more information you provide to us, the more appropriate your
matches are likely to be. Information that you choose to provide to us may include:
- phone number;
- profile picture
- age range;
- education level and occupation;
- smoking status and dietary information;
- sexual orientation and relationship status;
- other lifestyle information such as your occupation, preferences and interests;
- personality information such as your personality attributes and qualities;
- information about what lifestyle and personality attributes you are looking for in a housemate; and
- information about what you are looking for in a property, such as budget, location and preferences.
- You may also provide us with additional information voluntarily, such as when you leave a comment on a blog or whenever you contact us through our website or through social media with comments, queries or complaints. We may also have access to personal data that you provide to other users via our messaging service, as we may sometimes need to monitor your use of our messaging function.
- Finally, we also collect some information automatically, such as IP address, web browser type and version, operating system and a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to.
How Do We Use Your Data?
We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- providing and managing your account;
- providing, managing and monitoring your access to our site;
- supplying our services to you;
- personalising and tailoring our services for you, in particular using the information you provide to us to match you to appropriate housemates and/or property listings;
- responding to communications from you;
- supplying you with email or text alerts to inform you of activity on your account such as new matches and new messages, and occasional updates such as newsletters that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email);
- market research; and
- analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
- We will always do whatever we can to keep your data secure, but please note that transmission via the internet is never completely secure.
- We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
Who Else Can See Your Data?
- Please note that if you choose to post information publicly, for example in a comment on a blog, your name and any information in a comment you post will be visible publicly to anyone who accesses our site and views that information. Apart from this, none of the information you provide to us will be visible to anyone who is not registered as a user of our site.
- Other users of the site may be able to view your first name and, if you have providedthis information, your profile picture, age range, education level, occupation, smoking status and relationship status. You do not need to provide this information so if you are uncomfortable with other users of the site seeing this information, you should not provide it. We may share this information (where you have provided it) with other users who we match with you, either by email/notification or through those users' dashboards.
- Our site allows you to connect with other users, for example those with whom we have matched you. You must send a request to connect with a user, and you will not be connected until the other person has accepted your request. Once you have connected with someone, that person will be able to see other information that you provide to us, such as your surname, gender, lifestyle information and sexual orientation. Your contact details will never be shared with other users or connections.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes need to share your data with third parties who supply services on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, hosting, advertising and marketing.
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share your data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental or regulatory authority.
- We may also need to share your data if we sell or transfer all or part of our business to a third party.
How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data that we hold (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 13.
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- The table below sets out the first party cookies that we use, why we use them and how long they are stored for. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access and use all or part of our site.
Name of cookie Purpose Duration PHPSESSID Cookie generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages. Session. _ga Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Two years. __smToken Used by third party provider to identify logged in user. One year. cookies-message To comply with EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (EU Cookie law). 10 years.
If you have any questions about our site or this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post to Wonego, 24 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LS.
We may change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time, or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on our site. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.