- Double room in 3 bedroom flat in Maida Vale
- £200 pw including bills available now
- Fully furnished room including a double bed, desk, wardrobe and chest of drawers
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is run and managed by SASG Property Limited, a company established in London, UK
("Wonego"), which may be contacted at 24 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LS. By accessing the Wonego UK
web site, currently located at www.wonego.com or www.wonego.co.uk (the "Site"), and/or using any of
the services accessible through the Site (the "Services"), you become a user and agree to, and are
bound by, these terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time and we will post such changes on the Site. Your continued use of the Site and of our Services will constitute acceptance of any changes. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to make sure you are kept up-to-date.
- Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site or the Services. By using the Site or the Services, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years or older.
- Location. The Site and the Services are intended for use in London, United Kingdom. You may be able to access the Site and the Services from other locations, but please note that you may not be able to find properties or matches outside London. If you list a property outside London, please note that we have the right to take your listing down.
2. Use of Site and Services.
- Exclusive Use. Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorise others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You should keep your login details, particularly your password, secret and should not disclose these details to anyone else. Wonego is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your login details.
- Compliance with laws. You must only use the Services in a manner consistent with these terms and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including room viewings and entering into rental agreements. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals you have been matched with.
- No Guarantees. Wonego may not be able to provide matches for everyone using its services. Further, Wonego makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of matches, or to such matches' ability, desire or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that Wonego makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through our Services or as to the conduct of such individuals.
- Content Removal. Wonego reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of our Site. We have the right to remove any information that we think breaches these terms or any applicable law.
Posting and Communication Restrictions. You must not post on the Services (including
listing any property), transmit to other users, communicate any content or links, or otherwise
engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services, that:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of the Site or Services;
- is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- contains others' copyright or other intellectual property rights (e.g. music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without obtaining permission first;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's legal guardian);
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone's privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others' identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices;
- intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- disseminates another person's personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person's personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others' enjoyment of the Site;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity;
- uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Site or Services;
- uses the Site or Services for chain letter, junk mail or spam e-mails;
- collects or solicits personal information about anyone under 18; or
- is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities.
- No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
- Unique and Bona Fide Profile. You may only create only one unique profile. Your use of our Services must be for bona fide flatsharing introduction purposes (for example, you may not register solely to compile a report of compatible flatmates in your area, or to write a blog article or other research paper).
- No Harassment of our Employees or Agents. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any Wonego employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
3. Paid Services and Subscriptions.
Some elements of our Site and Services are made available free of charge. We may charge for certain Services, either on a one-off basis or a subscription basis. Any charges for Services, and the basis on which we will charge you, will be made clear when you sign up to those Services. Payments for any paid Services will be processed via a third party payment gateway and we will not have access to your card details.
4. Proprietary Rights.
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. Wonego is the owner of all information on the Site and the Services including without limitation, the compatibility matching system, compatibility profiles, and personal profile questionnaires (collectively, "Confidential Information"). Wonego owns and hereby retains all intellectual property rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
- No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining our written consent.
- Licence to Posted or Accessed Content. By posting information or content to the Site or the Services, or making it accessible to us by linking your Wonego account to any of your social network accounts (e.g. via Facebook Connect), you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Wonego and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant sub-licences. You will continue to own, as between you and Wonego, all rights in such information or content.
5. Links to Third-Party Web Sites
The Site and the Services may contain links to websites of third parties, either posted by us or by other users, which are not under the control of Wonego, and Wonego is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply that Wonego endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- No Warranties. This section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Wonego provides the Site and the Services on an "as is" and "as available" basis and grants no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to the Services or the Site (including all information contained therein), including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or suitability of the Site, the Services or any matches. Wonego does not warrant that your use of the Site or the Services will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, error-free or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the Services will be corrected. Wonego disclaims liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, the connectivity and availability of the Site or the Services.
- Third Party Content. The Site and the Services may contain information or content from third parties. Such information belongs to the respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Wonego does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided on the Site or the Services, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any third party. Under no circumstances will Wonego be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's reliance on information or other content posted on the services, or transmitted to or by any users.
- Beta Features. From time to time, Wonego may offer new "beta" features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at Wonego's sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
7. Limitation of Liability.
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Wonego be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use the Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss or corruption of data or programs, service interruptions and procurement of substitute services, even if Wonego knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will Wonego’s aggregate liability, in any form of action whatsoever in connection with these terms or the use of the Services or the Site, exceed the price paid by you for your account, or, if you have not paid Wonego for the use of any services, the amount of £25.00 or its equivalent.
- No Liability for non-Wonego Actions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Wonego be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Site or the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of the Site or the Services. This includes any claims, losses or damages arising from the conduct of users who have registered under false pretenses or who attempt to defraud or harm you.
- No Exclusions. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude Wonego's liability for (i) death or personal injury arising from Wonego's negligence; or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations by Wonego.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Wonego, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any claims, causes of action, debts, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) relating to or arising, directly or indirectly, out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of these terms or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Wonego reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Wonego in asserting any available defenses.
If you take out a paid subscription to any of our Services, your subscription will automatically renew on the date that it expires, for a further period equal to the subscription period. We will make subscription and renewal periods clear to you before you purchase the subscription, upon confirmation of purchase, and in the body of any special promotions sent to subscribers. We will also let you know when your subscription renewal is coming up to give you the chance to cancel it before the renewal date. If you do not cancel before the renewal date, your subscription will renew and you will have to pay the subscription fees for that renewal period.
10. Term and Termination.
- Termination by Wonego. Wonego reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion.
- Termination by you of free Services. If you use Services that we provide free of charge, you may cancel your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Termination by you of paid Services. If you take out a paid subscription, you may cancel your subscription at any time by taking the steps set out above, and your subscription will terminate at the end of your current subscription period. You will not be entitled to a refund for any unused days of your subscription term.
- Termination or suspension for breach. If we suspend your access to any of the Services because you have breached these terms or any laws, all fees then paid to Wonego by you will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due.
11. General Provisions.
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that English law will govern these terms, the Site and the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to these terms, the Site or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the English courts.
- Rights of Third Parties. These terms do not create any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which are enforceable by any person who is not a party to these terms.
- Miscellaneous. These terms and any applicable payment, renewal or additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and Wonego regarding the use of the Site and the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Wonego related to your use of the Site or Services. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the terms will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of Wonego to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is held invalid, the remainder of these terms will continue in full force and effect.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Wonego understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value your privacy and we will only collect and use information in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it before you use our site.
- Information About Us
- Our site, www.wonego.com and www.wonego.co.uk, is operated by SASG Property Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 09636851 with registered office address 24 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1LS.
- This Policy applies only to your use of our site. It does not extend to any websites that are linked to from our site (whether we provide those links or whether they are shared by other users). We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What are your Rights?
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you (see section 11);
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details in section 13);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 5 but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details in section 13);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in section 13 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
- We need to collect certain data from you in order to allow you to set up an account and use our site. It is mandatory for you to provide your full name and email address if you want to set up an account.
- If you are listing a property, we will also need to collect information about the property, such as the full address, availability status and information about the rent, bills and fees.
- We may also collect information that you choose to provide to us when setting up an account to enable us to find matches for you. It is not mandatory to provide this information, but the more information you provide to us, the more appropriate your matches are likely to be. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, e.g. sexual orientation. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
Information that you choose to provide to us may include:
- phone number;
- profile picture
- age range;
- education level and occupation;
- smoking status and dietary information;
- sexual orientation and relationship status;
- other lifestyle information such as your occupation, preferences and interests;
- personality information such as your personality attributes and qualities;
- information about what lifestyle and personality attributes you are looking for in a housemate; and
- information about what you are looking for in a property, such as budget, location and preferences.
- You may also provide us with additional information voluntarily, such as when you leave a comment on a blog or whenever you contact us through our website or through social media with comments, queries or complaints. We may also have access to personal data that you provide to other users via our messaging service, as we may sometimes need to monitor your use of our messaging function.
- Finally, we also collect some information automatically, such as IP address, web browser type and version, operating system and a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is
necessary for our performance of a contract with you (e.g. to open your account and
provide matching services to you), because you have consented to our use of your
personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate
interests (e.g. by the use of analytics to improve the service we provide to you).
We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- providing and managing your account;
- providing, managing and monitoring your access to our site;
- supplying our services to you;
- personalising and tailoring our services for you, in particular using the information you provide to us to match you to appropriate housemates and/or property listings;
- responding to communications from you;
- supplying you with email or text alerts to inform you of activity on your account such as new matches and new messages, and occasional updates such as newsletters that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email);
- market research; and
- analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
- We will always do whatever we can to keep your data secure, but please note that transmission via the internet is never completely secure.
- With your permission or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or text message with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third parties (including Google, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) whose content appears on our Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. Please refer to section 12 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business
purposes and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our
users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months
following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained
although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymise your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for violating our user terms from opening a new account.
- Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
Who Else Can See Your Data?
- Please note that if you choose to post information publicly, for example in a comment on a blog, your name and any information in a comment you post will be visible publicly to anyone who accesses our site and views that information. Apart from this, none of the information you provide to us will be visible to anyone who is not registered as a user of our site.
- Other users of the site may be able to view your first name and, if you have provided this information, your profile picture, age range, education level, occupation, smoking status and relationship status. You do not need to provide this information so if you are uncomfortable with other users of the site seeing this information, you should not provide it. We may share this information (where you have provided it) with other users who we match with you, either by email/notification or through those users' dashboards.
- Our site allows you to connect with other users, for example those with whom we have matched you. You must send a request to connect with a user, and you will not be connected until the other person has accepted your request. Once you have connected with someone, that person will be able to see other information that you provide to us, such as your surname, gender, lifestyle information and sexual orientation. Your contact details will never be shared with other users or connections.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Some of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our Site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under GDPR. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
- We work hard to protect you from unauthorised access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes need to share your data with third parties who supply services on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, hosting, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors and partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share your data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental or regulatory authority.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 3 or when you submit personal data via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your account.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data that we hold (where such data is held) Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 13.
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
When you visit our website, some or all of the following types of cookies may be set on
your computer or device.
Cookie type Description Essential website cookies These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to matching services. Analytics cookies These cookies help us understand how our website is being used, how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customise and improve our websites for you. Advertising cookies These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests and measuring the number of ads displayed and their performance, such as how many people clicked on a given ad. Social networking cookies These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
- Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie banner requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
If you have any questions about our site or this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Wonego, 24 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1LS.